2023-2024 Open Enrollment Announcement
The Ashwood School District is offering open enrollment for students living within the Jefferson County Educational Service District for the 2023-2024 school year at the schools listed below. Open Enrollment offers a transfer opportunity for students who wish to attend another Jefferson County elementary school outside of their neighborhood boundary. The Ashwood school will have open enrollment slots available. Applications for open enrollment will be accepted from May 1, 2023, through August 15, 2023, 2:00 p.m. Completed applications should be returned to the school for which the student is applying.
Ashwood Elementary School
# of slots open: 6 (six)
Kindergarten , 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade
There are some important factors families must consider when applying for a 2023-24 Open
1. Student must maintain attendance at 92% or greater; no more than one minor suspension per
academic year; no suspension greater than five days, and no expulsions.
2. Transportation to the new school is the responsibility of the family. Buses do not travel from the
resident school to the open enrollment school; however, occasionally the student may live close to
the attendance boundary of the open enrollment school. In this case, parents must submit a written
request by completing a “Courtesy Transportation Application”.
3. Approval is for the duration of the students current school level only.
4. There is no guarantee of sibling applications being approved.
5. Commitment to attend any school should be for the entire academic year.
6. A lottery system may have to be implemented if there are more applications than allocations
7. Copies of the completed applications will be distributed by the receiving school, pending a letter or
conversation with the parent/guardian of the student.
Parents will be informed of the decisions by the Ashwood School Board within one week after the
conclusion of the open enrollment period. Parents will need to confirm acceptance at that time.
Contact the school to which you are applying if you have any questions regarding the process.